At Breakthrough, every thing we do – every role in every department – is working together towards a single mission: MAKING AMBASSADORS!
Below is an overview of our mission at Breakthrough. As a member of Team Breakthrough we’d love you to become familiar with it, not to just remember it in your head, but to let it get down in your heart so that this is YOUR MISSION and YOUR PASSION as well!
Who Are We at Breakthrough?
WHO ARE WE?
We are God’s ambassadors bringing His breakthrough love and power to the world.
WHY DO WE EXIST?
We exist to glorify God.
How? By being like Jesus and by producing people who are God’s ambassadors.
WHAT DO WE DO?
We rescue and bring people to wholeness training and equipping them as ambassadors who significantly influence the world (both locally and globally) until Jesus comes again.
WHAT DO WE DO WHEN WE GATHER AS THE CHURCH?
In the strength and ability of the Holy Spirit we will:
- minister to the Lord through praise and worship, prayer, and tithes and offerings, expecting His Presence to be in our midst.
- minister to each other with the gifts of the Spirit, preaching of the Word and fellowship expecting His love and power to manifested.
- minister the gospel both in word and action to the unsaved and backslider expecting His delivering power to be outworked.
WHAT DOES AN AMBASSADOR LOOK LIKE? (A to E)
- They live in (not visit) Jesus and His Word
- They pray with all kinds of prayer
- They are filled (and being filled) with the Holy Spirit
- They are transforming into Jesus
- They hear God’s voice
- They use “bulldog” faith
- They lay hold of all God’s promises/purposes
- They use their tongue as the rudder of their life
- They are committed to the church
- They are functioning as their body part
- They are ministering the gifts of the Spirit
- They are submitted (God, family, Govt., Church)
- They love and care for the church with spiritual and practical care
- They are reaching out and bringing others
- They are proficient with the Gospel
- They are discipling or ensuring others are discipled
- They are open-handed
- They sow and reap in all areas of their life
- They tithe and give
- They have a servant heart
- They are influencing society – to the ends of the earth